Wagyu Beef, Pork Belly and Blue Cheese Sliders with @bearsmokebbq sauce
Recipe from Dave at @backyardbbqsmokehouse
1lb American Wagyu Beef
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp thyme
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp coarse pepper
15 1” to 2” squares of pork belly... bacon will also work
1 Sweet Onion
1 cup of flour for dipping onion rings
Cheese of your choice...(I used blue cheese, pepper jack or queso)
Bear Smoke BBQ Sauces #1-5
Fire up the Arteflame grill.
- Chop the garlic then mix along with 1 tsp thyme, 1 tbsp kosher salt, 1 tbsp coarse pepper and one egg with 1 lb of American Wagyu ground beef (reg. ground beef will do)... after mixing make 15 small patties.
- Shave your onion into strings... then dip in an egg wash and put into a bag with flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake and deep fry.
- Cooking on the Arteflame... place the pork belly on the plancha to get it nice and crisp.
- Slice the baguette into 15 small pieces to make a crostini to hold the burger
- Dip the bread into garlic butter and place them on the plancha to get a nice crisp
- Rub olive oil on burger then place mini burger patties on the plancha... depending how thick your burger is and how hot your plancha is cook time may vary... mine took around 3 minutes per side.
- Place crostini on outside of plancha, add cooked burger on top.
- Melt cheese directly on plancha to get a nice crust on one side of the cheese for a great flavor... use your cheese of choice. Then add cheese directly on burger patty.
- Place crisp pork belly or bacon on top of the cheese.
- Then place crispy fried onions on top.
- Final touch is to pour out the Bear Smoke BBQ sauce of your choice over the top... then eat and enjoy
Will yield about 15 mini burgers (15 servings)