Spicy Orange Grilled Chicken Wings
Spicy Orange Grilled Chicken Wings featuring true orange flavor yet if rushed for time you can substitute a jar of marmalade.
- 2 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Oil Your Choice
- Cayenne Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- Orange Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1-2 tbsp Rooster brand Huy Fong Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Tapioca Powder or Corn Starch
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- Prepare the sauce by adding the orange juice, orange zest, garlic chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add the tapioca power (or corn starch) to the 1/2 Tbs. water and combine until dissolved. Slowly stir the mixture into the orange sauce and combine. Head over medium high heat on the stove until thickened and slightly boiling. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill to 450 degrees. To do this throw water on the flat surface of the grill to test where the grill is the hottest. Where the water beads right off the quickest is where the grill is the hottest.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and place on your Arteflame grill. Drizzle with the olive oil, salt and cayenne pepper and toss until evenly coated.
- Let grill for 12-15 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and toss with the orange sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Enjoy immediately