Spicy Beer glazed Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings and drumsticks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili flake
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- Fire up your Arteflame grill
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and dry well.
- Sprinkle chicken on all sides with cornstarch and rub to coat.
- In a separate bowl, add the beer, soy, honey, chili powder, garlic powder, red chili flake, salt, and vinegar, stirring well to combine. Add the chicken, toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for ten to twenty minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and arrange wings on the outside rim and seer for about ten minutes each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the remaining marinade to a pot directly on the outer flat surface of the grill, stiring frequently, reduce until thickened and syrupy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the marinade has reduced, brush chicken wings with the thickened marinade, turn them over, brush with marinade on the other side.
- Cook for an additional ten minutes, basting
- Allow chicken to grill until cooked through, an additional 10-15 minutes.
- (Note: the total cooking time for the chicken will be approximately 25-35 minutes, with basting every ten minutes