Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken Wings
Amazing and delicious. This orange marinade is great on chicken wings, pork or chicken breasts.
yield: 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME:7 MINUTES
COOK TIME:12 MINUTES
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin or 2 pounds of chicken wings.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
HONEY SRIRACHA ORANGE MARINADE AND GLAZE
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons quality hoisin sauce like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman*
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- green onions
- orange zest
- Whisk the Honey Sriracha Orange Marinade/Glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup to a large freezer bag and whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the chicken and marinate 60 minutes up to overnight in the refrigerator. Refrigerate reserved the glaze separately.
- When ready to grill, let the chicken sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes (time permitting).
- Meanwhile, grease and fire up your Arteflame grill to medium heat, 375 to 450°F. You can drop some water on the flat surface of the grill to test where the grill is the hottest. The hottest part is where the water beads up right away.
- Separate 3 tablespoons from reserved glaze into a small bowl. Add the remaining glaze to a small saucepan and whisk with 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Set aside.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Grill the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through, basting with the 3 tablespoons separated glaze. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F when chicken is done.)
- Meanwhile, while the chicken is grilling, place the covered saucepan on the grill and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, remove lid and whisk until thickened. Once thickened, brush the cooked chicken with glaze. Spoon the extra glaze over the plated chicken or use as a dip.
- Garnish the chicken with orange zest and green onions (optional). It's delicious served over rice.