Looking for the perfect recipe for your next gathering? Look no further than these surprisingly delicious Grilled Stuffed Jalapeños. The rich and creamy combination of bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar works really nicely with the spice of the grilled jalapeño peppers. To keep this vegetarian friendly, substitute veggie bacon or smoked almonds and toasted pecans.
Ingredients• 2 center-cut bacon slices
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (about 1/2 cup)
• 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened (about 1/2 cup)
• 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
• 1/4 cup minced green onions
• 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 small garlic clove, minced
• 14 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
• Cooking spray
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
Fire up your grill and get it to temperature. An easy way to test if it is ready is by sprinkling drops of water onto the cooking surface. If they pearl up and sizzle as the water evaporates, you're good to go!
Grill bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels if necessary. Crumble bacon. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Divide cheese mixture evenly to fill the pepper halves.
Place peppers, cheese sides up, on your Arteflame. Grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and the cheese mixture is melted. Place peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.
If making these poppers for a party, you can stuff the peppers, cover, and chill. Then grill just before your guests arrive.
Recipe by Julianna Grime and our friends at Cooking Light.
Looks delicious 😋
Can not wait to try it!