Grilled butternut squash with spicy onions.
Make this dish ahead of time it’s great served at room temperature.
- SPICY ONIONS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 2 large butternut squash (about 4 lb.), peeled, seeded, sliced ¼” thick
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Heat up the Arteflame grill. Pour a generous amount of oil over the side plancha over medium-high heat. Grill the onion, stirring often, until lightly charred and softened but not falling apart, 5–7 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and toss to combine. Remove from heat and mix in lime juice and honey in a bowl. Let cool, then mix in lime zest.
DO AHEAD: Spicy onions can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
Toast hazelnuts on the medium high heat area of the grill, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
Toss squash and ¼ cup oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and allow to caramelize, undisturbed, until tender, 15–20 minutes.
Return squash to bowl; add hazelnuts, parsley, mint, marjoram, and spicy onions, and toss to combine.
Transfer squash mixture to a large serving platter, crumble goat cheese over, and drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil.