Grilled Butternut Squash with Herb Oil and Goat Cheese.
Grilled butternut squash with Herb oil and goat cheese.
This grilled butternut squash recipe is perfect for dinner party. Servant on a large platter encouraging second helpings!
- 1 large butternut squash or other large winter squash (about 4 pounds), scrubbed, seeded and cut into quarters.
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram or oregano
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
Preheat your Arteflame grill. Halve squash lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Using a large metal spoon, scoop out large pieces of flesh and place in a large bowl; discard skin. Slice squash further into quarters. Add remaining 1 tsp. vinegar and gently toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Add some mesquite, hickory or other wood to the grill for superior smokey squash flavor. Place squash on the side of the plancha and roast, turning, until tender, 45–60 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, whisk garlic, oil, parsley, marjoram, and ½ tsp. vinegar in a small bowl to combine; season herb oil with salt and pepper.
Transfer squash to a platter and drizzle with herb oil. Crumble goat cheese over.
Do Ahead: Herb oil can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.