Gear up for your spring cookouts with this fresh spin on artichokes. They are steamed first then grilled and charred to perfection.
• 3-4 large artichokes
• 1 lemon juiced
• 2 teaspoons champagne or white wine vinegar
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
• Whisk ingredients together the lemon juice, champagne vinegar, olive oil and season to taste.
• Clean and trim the artichokes and cut in half. Remove the choke.
• Boil a large pot of water with a steaming basket inside. Be sure that the water level doesn’t touch the bottom of the steaming basket. When water boils, place as many artichoke halves as you can fit into the basket in a single layer, exposed side down. Steam artichokes for around 25 minutes. You should be able to easily piece the artichoke heart with a knife after it’s been steamed.
• Once steamed, remove from the water, brush some of the vinaigrette over the exposed parts of the artichokes and then transfer to your heated grill. Grill for 15 minutes or until charred.
• Serve with remaining lemon vinaigrette drizzled over the top or served on the side.
Recipe from our friends at Whatsgabycooking.com