Zucchini is a good choice for low carb grilling. Both delicious and high in vitamins, this salad is sure to please!
For the Salad
• 2-3 cups market lettuce
• 1 pound assorted squash zucchini
• 1/2 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes halved
• 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
• fresh basil
• fresh mint
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
• 1 garlic clove finely minced
• 1/2 shallot finely minced
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
• Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
• Prepare your Arteflame to grilling temperature. When the temperature reaches between 400 and 450 you’re ready.
• To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until evenly combined. Dress the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and taste. Add more vinaigrette if needed otherwise reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use.
• Cut the squash into 1 inch pieces. Brush the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until grill marks are present. Remove from the grill and brush the grilled zucchini with a bit of the balsamic vinaigrette. Set aside.
• On a platter, arrange the lettuce, grilled squash, cherry tomatoes and herbs. Top with the goat cheese and drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Recipe From the amazing @whatsgabycooking