- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons rice/cedar vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons spicy chili paste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (finely minced)
- 3 pounds chicken wings or chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (like olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped roasted peanuts
Fire up your Arteflame so it's ready to go when you're done preparing the chicken and the sauce.
You can prepare the Satay sauce in your kitchen or right on the Arteflame grill.
Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water, then pat dry. Rub some cooking oil onto the Arteflame cooktop and make sure it's hot enough to cook on. Put the wings on the cooktop and grill them for about 5 mins. per side and flip them over. Cook until golden brown and the skin is crispy.
For the Satay sauce, use a saucepan and mix the peanut butter, brown sugar, water, vinegar, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil and garlic. Stir the sauce while it cooks for about 2 mins., then move it to where it stays hot but doesn't continue cooking. If the sauce is too thick, add water.
When the wings are ready, coat them with the Satay sauce and sprinkle some of the chopped peanut pieces on them for god measure. Use the remainder of the sauce for dipping. If using chicken breasts, you can cut them up and put them on skewers or serve as is.