ARTEFLAME GRILL - BLACKENED TUNA WITH CAJUN REMOULADE
Serves 4 to 6
For the tuna:
4 sushi-quality tuna loin steaks, each about 1-½ inches thick (about 8 ounces each)
3 to 4 tablespoons of your favorite Cajun-style blackening rub
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cajun Remoulade:
1 cup mayonnaise
1⁄4 cup Creole or grainy mustard
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons your favorite hot sauce, or more to taste
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
2 tablespoons finely diced celery
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 scallion (white and green parts), trimmed and finely chopped
Coarse salt (sea or kosher) and black pepper, to taste
1. Sprinkle the tuna steaks generously on both sides with the rub. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, if desired.
2. Make the remoulade: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
3. Build a wood fire in your Arteflame and let the fire mature. Clean and oil the smooth griddle-like cooking surface.
4. Brush each tuna steak on one side with melted butter.
5. Place the tuna steaks on the Arteflame, butter side down. Sear for 2 minutes, then turn; brush melted butter on the other side of each steak. Grill for 2 more minutes, or until darkly seared on the outside, but still rare in the center, turning with a spatula.